- Rare, factory right-hand-drive drop-head coupe
- 1 of only 100 examples built
- 6.2L V8 paired to a 4-speed Hydramatic transmission
- Very rare coach-built drophead coupe by H.J. Mulliner, Park Ward,
- Copies of build, testing and assembly documents dated 1965.
- History file containing details on previous owners, copies of build, assembly and testing documents from 1965
- Notable first owner – J. Arthur Rank , a key player in the British Film Industry
This rare, factory right-hand-drive drop-head coupe is one of only one-hundred examples built and was sold new by Jack Barclay Limited, London in September 1965. Masterfully coach-built by H.J. Mulliner Park Ward, this Silver Cloud III boasts its original colour and trim combination of Ming Blue over an Off-White Hide.
While being an older restoration, this vehicle has been meticulously kept by its previous Rolls-Royce Club owners and presents in an outstanding, original condition. It was optioned from factory with many desirable extras including electric windows, an electric aerial and whitewall tyres, making it a truly unique example.
Powered by a 6.2L V8 paired to a 4-speed Hydramatic transmission, this vehicle produces roughly 220HP and remains a pleasure to drive.
Accompanying this vehicle is a history file containing details on previous owners, copies of build, assembly and testing documents from 1965 and dealership documents from Jack Barclay Limited. Also included in the file are books about the life of the original owner J. Arthur Rank – a key player in the British Film Industry and the founder of the Rank Organisation, which financed movies such as Oliver Twist, Caesar and Cleopatra and Brief Encounter.
The Silver Cloud III marked another milestone in the history of Rolls-Royce and has become one of the most desirable models to date. Among the rarest examples of the Silver Cloud series, these coach-built vehicles provided unmatched comfort and performance for the era, leading to their success both at their introduction and as a collectable today.
* Test drive and Viewing by Appointment Only